New York Favorites

June 24, 2014

I think I wore myself out the first two weeks running around the city. So I tried to enjoy the nice warm weather and high humidity (Boy am I not used to feeling wet all the time) this last week.

I spent most of my time right here. On this beautiful pier. This is the place I go when I need a break. When I need to escape the business of the city and collect my thoughts. It sounds so funny, but you really do need a break from crowds and sky scrappers. Or at least I do. Not to mention I got a little sun while doing it.

I snapped this photo in the entrance of a shop waiting for torrential rain to stop. I sat there for about 20 minutes waiting for the rain to let up. It never did. So I decided to make a run for it. Pencil skirt, sandals, shopping bags and all! Doesn't matter how beautiful of a day it is, because in New York the weather is crazy and you always need an umbrella on hand. After 2 fails I think I learned my lesson!

I enjoyed another Levain cookie this week. This time chocolate chip walnut. I think I will stick to my dark chocolate peanut butter chip. It is more satisfying to my taste buds, but this cookie was delightful.

Rockefeller Center | This building would be my husbands office and believe it or not he works on the very top floor. He has the best view in the entire city. People pay $25 to see the view he sees everyday. Hopefully one day I will make it up there! Until then I will sit down below and look up, wondering how he is doing.

I was feeling very healthy one evening and discovered this vegetarian cafe around the corner from me. No I am not vegetarian it just sounded good. And let me tell you, it was delicious. I have now gone two days in a row. Basically I crave it for every meal! They even give out testers of their falafel balls in tahini sauce and I will purposely walk past every chance I get to snag a sample.  

This week is already off to a great start and I can't wait to share some of my favorites!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© Sprinkled With Confetti All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger